Vacancy: Research Assistant (0.4 fte, Oct-Dec 2019)
For the project ‘Effective learning and student-team collaboration in the international classroom at TU/e’ we are looking for a researcher/research assistant to conduct a preliminary study.
Contract: 0.4 fte (2 days per week) for three months (until 31-12-2019)
Start date: a.s.a.p.
Building an inventory of the international classroom at TU/e in particular in the context of challenge-based learning.
- Quantitative overview of the international participation from various countries of international students in various educational programs, coursed, projects etc.
- Describing the way in which CBL and/or international classroom is realized in these educational programs, courses, projects etc. For example: composition of student teams but also a case wise description concerning selected subjects that includes aspects such as: the way these students/teams collaborate and are guided by their teachers and tutors using a predefined initial classification scheme.
- Running (descriptive) statistics when relevant.
- Analyzing selected materials (e.g. study guides) and conducting teacher interviews exploring views on and implementations of this education as well as perceived hindrances, benefits etc..
- Proposing conclusions concerning the general picture and key practice of CBL and/or international classroom at TU/e.
How to Apply:
Candidates are requested to apply via email to Ad Kleingeld, email@example.com, and include a CV in the application.
Among others, master students and students who are in the third year of the bachelor program (i.e. at least 120 credit points obtained) are eligible to apply.
Salary in accordance with TU/e guidelines.
A brief selection interview, possibly with multiple candidates, will part of the application procedure.
Dr. Ruurd Taconis – Eindhoven School of Education
Dr. ir. Ad Kleingeld – IE&IS – Human Performance management
Dr. Sonja Rispens – IE&IS – Human Performance management